Tuesday, May 27, 2008

ART DECO-RATION


The quintessence of Art Deco style, the Chrysler Building, has inspired many a designer (photo at left by Daniel Benson).
Just see the channeling of the architectural whimsy of the mid-twentieth century in this Rue du Mail Fall 2008 look (pic at right courtesy nymag.com). Couture Carrie adores not only the design of this dress, but its shape - corseted top and full, crinoline-bolstered skirt.... the architecture of style!
A more direct interpretation is offered by Anna Sui, whose deco backless top is pictured in multiple views below. A blouse that is both flattering and a conversation piece? Artful! Go to net-a-porter.com to buy!

3 comments:

Pamcasso said...

love this too! art deco is one of my fave architectural styles. I can't remember which season, but recently alberta ferretti had some gowns that reminded me a lot of the chrysler building.

rg. said...

That black and white top is gorgeous and I love that photo of Karl at the top right!

CULTURE CREATORS said...

Wow the blouse is stunning...I think art neuvo was my fav...great post.


CC