Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'M A BIG FAN!

Cosi Fan Tutte

Fan motifs blew in from all sides at the fall RTW shows. Both Derek Lam and Ermanno Scervino showed gorgeous black gowns with delicate folds of fabric that fanned the models' faces. Derek Lam's (top right, photo via nymag.com) was both substantial and shiny, creating
an evocative hourglass silhouette. Ermanno Scervino's interpretation (top left; photo courtesy Italian Vogue online) was more subtle, with a transparent half circle of origami-folded chiffon capping the bust and a wispy, layered skirt.
Joanna Mastroianni's short red strapless stunner offered looser folds, and a cheekily "casual" vibe due to on-seam pockets. Photo at right via nymag.com/fashion.

4 comments:

EvaAmarri said...

hey just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog. I;ve added you to my links.

Fashion Addict said...

im loving it too! great post!

Would you like to do a link exchange with me?

Fashion Critic said...

Great post and I love the title, very clever

Couture Carrie said...

Thanks, gals! I have added you to my blogroll as well :)