Monday, August 11, 2008

F is for Fluorescent

Piggybacking on yesterday's electric eighties post, today's CC ABC is all about neon brights.
Honest, it's a trend! Just see the evidence!
As Gisele and Mary-Kate demonstrate, a little pop of color is very chic!

Photos via W Magazine (above) and style.com (left).
Victoria Beckham gets in on the trend with some ultra-bright jeans.
Picture courtesy instyle.com.
On the runways, there was MAJOR [thanks, Vicky B - it's seeped into CC's lexicon] neon signage.
Photos via nymag.com except where noted.
Jean Paul Gaultier Couture (here and above)
Christian Lacroix Couture
Betsey Johnson
Leonard
Phi
Roksanda Ilincic

Zero Maria Cornejo
Roberto Cavalli Resort 2009.
Photo via style.com.
Btw, Teen Vogue had a very cool DIY for this look in their July issue!
Miu Miu
Accessories on the runway were fluorescent too!
Matthew Williamson pink necklace; this and next via style.com
Emilio Pucci scarf
What to buy?
Roksanda Ilincic Rocket dress, at net-a-porter.com - CC loves this S.C.U.B.A.-chic look!
Erotokritos cami dress, currently on sale at shopgoldyn.com




3.1 Phillip Lim Lurex knit blazer with neon trim and buttons.
Go to net-a-porter.com
Alisha Levine colorblock empire cami - great as a layering piece!
Visit intermixonline.com
American Apparel opaque two tone hosiery
Nooka watches whotelsthestore.com
At right: Lulu Frost Lucite disk earrings, at shopbop.com.
The fantastic thing about this trend for you skeptics? You can get your neon brights on the cheap! The Forever 21 lacquer hoop earrings pictured below are just $3.80 per pair!









Tom Binns neon bead necklace and fluorescent accent cuff, both at Net-a-Porter.com
Erickson Beamon Arcade cuff.
Visit chickdowntown.com
Runway Inspiration: Chado Ralph Rucci wooden base bag.
Photo via style.com.
ASOS chain strap bag
Paul's Boutique Kirsty bag, also at asos.com
Marc Jacobs Day Flo Venetia satchel, at Barneys New York.
Visit barneys.com
Deal of the Day: Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon pouch, only $58 at shopbop.com – doubles as a clutch, right?
Jimmy Choo acid greeen tote; this photo and next two via wwd.com



Fluorescent Footwear:
Right:
Giuseppe Zanotti Designs patent leather "painted" peep toe;
detail photo via wwd.com
Far right:
Marc by Marc Jacobs Pom Pom pump, at shopbop.com
Giorgio Armani Resort turquoise sandal, via wwd.com.
CC's fave way to get the look, a la Olsen (see pic above!!):
Just a flash of fluorescent!
DAVIS by Ruthie Davis Pixel peep toe bootie
and stud peep toe ballet flat; both at shopbop.com.

27 comments:

Songy said...

Pink socks rock! I don't think I can wear fluoro but images are stunning tho. great visual feast..

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

I have a hard time with colours this bright but I love the editorial look of them! The Lacroix in particular is divine. And I would of course wear MK's entire outfit in a new york minute (ahhhh Olsen reference, I am such a geek for them, it's sad)

Daniela Valdez said...

Carrie, thanx for your comment, you really made me feel better :) I love neon pink, specially in my nails. Your posts are amazing!

Jules said...

I just love victoria. :)

elysia mann said...

i looove the vibrancy of this whole post! gorgeous.psfrx

LuLu124 said...

awesome!!! this might be a really bold trend to pull off, but i'm up for it :) the jeweled cuff is gorgeous!!! xoxo, lulu

Alegra said...

I totally hate Victoria's trousers! :S
I'm not loving neon colors, sorry
XOXO

Fastidious Babe said...

loved ur choices! eye candy all the way! xx

Siljesfashion said...

Love the dress from leonard. I also think shoes are the best bet for this trend.

Christina said...

Aweome post! Loving Mary-Kates Shoes..and the two tone leggings.

Sophista-Funk said...

I love MK's heels! I'm obsessed with bright colors so this is one trend that I'm really into! - jillian

Carolina Lange said...

Great post!
Love MK heels!

Anonymous said...

I'm so keen for a neon clutch at the moment. Great post!

Anonymous said...

I like this version of fluorescent fashion - it's much more mature and grown up then the previous forays into the neon spectrum, which I thought were too childish. I particularly love MK's shoes!

shopinchic said...

I am a fan of bright colors. Its better to choose a bright colored
piece and pair it with something
black. White and neutrals work
as well though.

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Looks like the 80's are coming back! That yellow dress is cracking me up!

Economy of Style said...

Oooh...I can definitely do a little fluorescent...just a little :)

dee said...

That lime/black/royal blue getup...O.M.G.

we wear things said...

i'm lovin the florescent yellow and blues :)

-issa

Pamela Tan said...

eccentric fashionista!
i guess i have to do it little at a time.. they look tempting! :D

Angela said...

darn it. i just donated my neon green versace dress to good will. is fluorescent back???? : )

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I love bright colours but they intimidate me :( .... Beatiful selection of images :)

Pamcasso said...

great post! You've inspired me- usually I don't ever veer into fluorescents, but you found so many ways to do it in small doses. Love this alphabet idea of yours!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Fluoresecent yellow has always been one of my favorite colors (I used to blind people with a fleece in that color...literally kids at school would complain of headaches and distraction when I wore it!) and I'm so glad to see it popping especially as accents. It looks divine in the glam/gothic jewelry!

Couture Carrie said...

Savvs - Yes! Flouorescent is back!

Farren - style.com credits the MK outfit to the designer stading next to her in the photo, Giambattista Valli; not sure if that includes the shoes . . . .

Thanks for all your amazing comments, darlings!

xoxox,
CC

Seeker said...

I think I can do a bit of a neon :)
Not an inteiar look.

Thank you for sharinf this wonders with us :)

xoxo

Little Bow Prep said...

I'm not a huge fan of flourescent, but I do rather like that yellow necklace.

That green bag is to die for! It looks so classy!