Saturday, August 16, 2008

K is for Knits!

Ah, natty knitwear, we love ye.
Sweater dressing is HOT for fall!
Everybody loves a cosy jumper (for all you Brits!).
And the runway inspiration is nearly endless!

Photos via style.com unless otherwise credited.

At right: sweet and lovely at Blumarine
BOLD & BRIGHT
Jean Paul Gaultier Couture

Nicole Miller makes CC crave mustard!

This photo and next courtesy nymag.com
Doo.Ri goes green
Byblos purple passion
Carlos Miele
. . . olive you!
Cynthia Steffe ravishing red -
love the matching muffler!

Note: this photo and next via nymag.com
Pamella Roland crimson cardi
Roberto Cavalli

Fabulous in fuchsia!



















NATTY NEUTRALS

Blugirl
Diesel
Donna Karan
Trend Les Copains
Emilio Pucci
Julien MacDonald
TANTALIZING TEXTURE

Emma Cook pom pom pomp & circumstance!
Pringle of Scotland

knit one, purl two . . .
Iceberg

Red gets the 3D treatment!

Fendi

The black sweater gets glam, with chunky folds and dramatic texture!
Jean Paul Gaultier Couture

You can ring my bell!
Note the attached hood/cowl.
Maison Martin Margiela - an exaggerated funnel neck makes for an interesting silhouette!
VPL channel both the 80s and deconstructionist trends with this chunky off-the-shoulder sweater
Stella McCartney
...makes CC want to curl up by the fireside with a cup of hot cocoa!
Malo, via nymag.com
John Rocha

Perforations in the knit make for an eye-catching abstract floral design!




GREAT LENGTHS
Long and lovely at Giorgio Armani
A.F. Vandevorst

Alexander McQueen
PATTERNED
Kenzo - crazy print and textures!
Matthew Williamson
Sonia Rykiel
Does this model look like SJP or is it just CC?
Sinhastanic
ACCESSORIES
Miss Sixty leg warmers,
via nymag.com
Hermes knit skullcap and scarf
John Galliano knit hat
What to buy?
Topshop knits look fab for fall. Above: note the textures and layers!
This adorable green Victoria’s Secret puff sleeve sweater fits the bold color bill!
Experiment with different shapes and lengths this autumn!

CC loves this Vince shirred crew cashmere sweater with kimono sleeves.
Go to shopbop.com.
Don't forget patterns!
If you opt for stripes, try a variegated pattern like this one, which has stripes that narrow at the waist for a slimming effect! C&C California striped Daredevil cashmere sweater, also at shopbop.com.
You may wish to try a textured sweater for a change, like the LaRok gray zipper front shaggy vest pictured above.
Visit singer22.com.
Of course, cashmere is most comfy and covetable, but there are tons of more affordable options, like this cabled cowl neck sweater vest at right from alloy.com!
And this is just the beginning of the knitwear saga!
Stay tuned for CC posts in September devoted to:
(a) that most indispensable of fall pieces: the cardigan [sneak preview at left: Rodarte cardi via style.com] ; (b) sweater dresses – too numerous to include in today’s post; and (c) the funnel!

37 comments:

shopinchic said...

My favorite in the Cavalli sweater.

Some of the others,like that bell shaped dress,is a bit too much.

Mode Junkie said...

soo excited for fall and winter. can´t wait to wear my knitted sweaters and dresses! cool post!

Anonymous said...

nice post..i'm already looking for knitwear for the first winter i'll be experiencing in england...

ivoreece said...

I love fall because of knitting. Cute images! I feel so inspired...

Aliena said...

I love knits, but hardly wear them, as they make me feel really fat :(

yiqin; said...

This reminds me for Jillian's knitwear for Project Runway! Brilliant picks, as usual! I'd love to have a kintted sweater!

Hanne said...

There is one really good thing about fall, and that is knitwear! Great post sweetie:)

ryder said...

where did u find this top shop pics? i love top shop. top is my spot! i dint c this pictures of ad campaign so im quite excited! can wait to c this in stores.
from other stuff i like blumarine the best for i love the color they have used. its suits my skin tone perfectly.

leeselooks said...

on a perfect Stella M. inspired knit hunt... even though summer is coming here. I does get chilly some nights- which warrant a big, comfy knit... totally justifiable. ;)

GREAT POST LADY!

Loves.

Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic

Annie Spandex said...

I love the look of an oversized sweater with tights and boots. :)

Seeker said...

I love knits!!!
They're so confy and warmer. We really need them here in the end of fall and in winter!!!!

Very interesting ones you picked, I was really impressed with that Matthew Williamson, seems a blazer and it's really nice.

I have several knits in cardigans, sweaters, turtlenecks and I know I have some cownecks upstairs in boxes that I must digg for "old stuff that can be worn again" LOL
Well that's what happens when you're a keeper like me....

Thank you for posting this, gave me inspiration for what I have to digg ;)

Thank you also for your kind words, I'm glad you found my post interesting.
And what I've said about you was really honest, you're really amazing.

Have a nice weekend
xoxo

WendyB said...

Knits have really been getting wild.

STYLE DU MONDE said...

You always find the best looks! I adore the Blumarine creation in the first picture :-)

xx

Fifi Flowers said...

There are some pretty PUFFY knits in that collection... oh please don't bring back the cowl!

K.Line said...

Being a Canadian girl, I spend half my year in knits. I really try to make them as unique and interesting as they can be. And cashmere, natch! K

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Awesome! I love these knits--they look so comfy and cosy.

Sienna said...

I can't say enough about how much I adore knits..loving that Blumarine piece, and the last sweater

Anonymous said...

Goodness me so many favourites! Blumarine, Jean Paul Gaultier, Emma Cook!

I love that the knit can be more then just another sweater - some designers have really turned it into a statement piece!

Wendy said...

I'm definitely looking for some sweaters/knits for fall.

dee said...

I mean, Jessica Stam could make a garbage bag look chic. Ridic.

Songy said...

I've been wearing olive colourd 'nana' knit this winter. All these kints look quite fab but kints sometimes do make girls look like say grandma I think.. how to wear knits smartly regardless of its design... one thing to think about..

my fav - Doo Ri, carlos and of course, Hermes

Anonymous said...

that rodarte probably cost an arm and a leg. =/ but, i'd love to own it.

Laura in Paris said...

I look at your pictures and play games, as if they were cards ... I pick one ... "Pringle of Scotland" (I wore so many Pringle when I was in my teens, so classic and yet so modern), and of course, if I have a joker, let it be Kenzo!

Sharon S said...

Hi Couture Carrie-my fave is the Kenzo-so vibrant and lifting for winter!!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

loving these-espe the fuschia wrap with the turquoise/green skirt and the little ivory oolala number below it...great post!

Ana said...

Nice post. I love cozy knits.

Claudia said...

Knitwear, I love you.

kisses, your biggest fan!

Anonymous said...

wow cool! I really like the knits that stick to one monochrome color...since knits are so bulky it looks extra nice in white, black or grey. that red ensemble is wonderful too! Thanks for posting so many pictures! I know it takes a lot of time and effort, so it is not unappreciated. :)
xx
Choubelle

Bombchell said...

the Pringle of Scotland is gorgeous, so dark & Gothic, yet chic & not too much.

I also loved the ones with the little hint of "lumberjack" what do u call them, the checkered red & black =)

Anastacia said...

I love Stella McCartney, and Margiela as expected but Diesel, i like it a lot - what a shocker. Thanks for another great post!!!

Little Bow Prep said...

Loved them all. My favorite is the first one though!

Pamcasso said...

I don't know what I wouldn't do for some Fall Rodarte!

Anonymous said...

Love Adam and Blumarine, Just perfectly perfect :) !!!
Your post is quite good. New here and i'm lovin' it ! hehe.

Anonymous said...

Oups, i miss the right section. Sorry, it wasn't for knits but about this i'm really amazed by Sonia as usual !

LuLu124 said...

yaay knits!!! hehe i've never particularly worn knitted sweaters, but now i think i might just ask my mom to teach me how to knit ;))) xoxo, lulu

Chicffon said...

Love your blog! All the pictures are so nice! Cheers!