Thursday, November 6, 2008

3-D

What a relief! Designers are thinking in all three dimensions lately. In fact, some of their fanciful creations are in such high relief that they may be impossible to sit down in; dry-clean; maneuver in, etc. But CC says, this is the price one pays for being fashion-forward and wearing ART!
At right: Hussein Chalayan's impressive backside looks like a car met a taffy pull!
Left: Frilly fripperies at Luisa Beccaria and
Giambattista Valli
Viktor & Rolf spiral out of control!
3.1 Phillip Lim – zip it good!
Andrew Gn
Galliano Resort

Nathan Jenden lego (?) mania
Basso & Brooke
Blumarine, via nytimes.com. CC loves this intricate, colorful beading!
Emilio Pucci scarf-weaving – we are sooooo going to DIY this!
Gianfranco Ferre
Gareth Pugh’s accordion chic.
Marios Schwab
Pretty petals at Lanvin (purple), Alexander McQueen (yellow) and Peter Jensen (below, black)


Crazy crenellation at Versace
Accessories In High Relief:
Marc Jacobs on left; Louis Vuitton on right, in Bazaar
Armand Basi One
3.1 Phillip Lim
Burberry Prorsum
Christian Lacroix
Dries van Noten
Valentino
Christian Lacroix evening bag
Fendi
Louis Vuitton
Roberto Cavalli
Pick a 3-D Pocket! Polka dot at Lacroix and intricately beaded at Matthew Williamson
What to buy? Use your better instincts, darlings; find a piece that flatters while allowing one aspect of its construction (beads, folds, a well-placed oversize bloom, etc.) to be set in high relief.
CC opines that the safest way to channel this trend is with jewelry.
Runway inspiration at left: Vera Wang
At right: Subversive Toy Sunken Treasure necklace, at Barneys New York.
This Kate Spade Lady Marmalade ball charm bracelet is gorgeous, but a bit steep at $255. Get the 3-D bauble look for less with the lovely goldtone bracelet pictured at right and on sale at anntaylorloft.com for $14.99!
If you're feeling bold, go futuristic with this Nike Precool Vest, available for purchase at arcticheatusa.com; picture via nytimes.com.
Luella Penelope ribbon dress; this and next at net-a-porter.com.
Zac Posen Reglissé dress.


















Let the pocket protect you!
Manoush dress, at my-wardrobe.com
Irregular Choice Clack Attack shoes. Visit irregularchoicestore.co.uk.
Last look: Vera Wang flower tunic at vivre.com - CC loves this color palette!



How do you feel, Fellow Fashionistas?
Are you ready to dress in three dimensions?

29 comments:

Lisa said...

I really like the Zac Posen dress with the ribbon details in the skirt.

I just added you to my blogroll! It seems crazy that I didn't have you there before...I'm always popping by to ogle the pictures in your gorgeous posts. :)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't take my eyes off of John Galliano Resort. I need to go and look up that collection! :)

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I think that it's an awesome idea ... it's about time :) I love Luisa Beccasia frilly dress... so pretty and wearable

Meg said...

I love the Hussein Chalayan, the Zac Posen and the Luella and the Christian Lacroix evening bag. Wow, that's a lot.

Unknown said...

ooooooh, so exciting.... I'm working on some new ruffly neck-pieces ...for my etsy shop.

These are all fantastic!!!!!

leeselooks said...

galliano
resort.
captivating beyond words.

the primary colors are perfect.

ah. and the styling + detailing.
speechless.

hope you're having a wonderful day cc!

x.

Anonymous said...

beautiful, as per usual.

xoxo,
La C

La Belette Rouge said...

Dear, Carrie, I am in love with that Kate Spade Lady Marmalade ball charm bracelet. I do have a Jcrew version of the Ann Taylor bracelet. It is big golden ball charms. It is a whole lot of bracelet. But, I do love it.

Anonymous said...

Very very eyepopping. It reminds us of a pop-up book. Kind of like the new issue of Visionaire magazine that they are set to release.

thenebulosegirl said...

incredible designes!!!
all amazing :D
xoxo

Claudia Pimenta said...

hi! thanks for visiting my blog! i loved your blog – i work with fashion too… but as i write in portuguese, i can only invite you to see my photos… by the way, i have another blog – about paris – where i post a lot of photos about this lovely city. i hope you’ll enjoy it too (www.comsaudadedeparis.com)! welcome!!! kisses!

glory said...

me en gustado mucho las imagens que pones, creoque yo tambien quiero copiar eso del pañuelo..saludos

Tricia said...

yes, esp. like that gorgeous blouse at the end. loved the Chalayan and Victor & Rolf.

..... said...

hussein chalayan was magic !! simply amazin

Eeli said...

Ms Couture Carrie. I seem to have missed the last couple of posts so i'm pleading with you: Can i add you to my blogroll? lol so it doesn't happen again? haha

Alot of those dresses are eally beautiful and a dozen of them i WISH i could afford and wear especially the Alexander McQueen and P.L-3.1 number!

Anonymous said...

galliano resort= amazing
great post i love it :]

tessa said...

I think I'm ready to dress in three dimensions. The shoes are stunning!

WendyB said...

Good picks as always! I could do all my shopping from your posts, if only I had the dough.

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE all the accessories in this post. 3-D on the body... nah... I don't think so... if I were model stick like... it would work... but with all my curves... I've got my own 3-D going on!
FUN post!

Sydneydoll said...

the first dress is lots of fun.

Aliena said...

too much for me... i like to see it in photgraphs, but too impractical... except for that Subversive Toy necklace. Gorgeous!

choppyshades said...

love zac posen right now.

Songy said...

Subversive necklace is divine. I'll have to save that image. Vera wang tunic is to die for. I'd better check it out. I'm sure it's going to be out of my price range but I can certainly put it in my wish list for my fairy to pay!!

Tânia N. said...

Isto aqui é um luxo, amamos este Blog!
Beijocas,

Miss Cavendish said...

I love all the waves. Anything that reminds me of the sea (except, say, giant fish jewelry) is a winner for me!

Da Fashionista said...

STUNNING CHOICES. You KNOW I would wear all of it. Esp the Burberry and Phillip Lim. And that Vera is a truly versatile piece.

yiqin; said...

The tube dress you've chosen is awesome! I love the eye makeup on Chanel.

Shay said...

yay for massive necklaces!! I love that stuff. Just purchased a 3-d necklace last night that you must see, I'll be posting pics today hopefully...

Little Bow Prep said...

Oh, this post was just so fab. All of the embroidered items are simply awesome!